I’ve decided I need a new pair of ‘it’ jeans.
But … finding that ‘it’ pair of jeans can be something of a challenging task. It’s like finding a perfect boyfriend in the New York City, which let’s face it is almost impossible.
1) Your ‘it’ jeans can’t be too clingy!
Or needy. Anyone knows that a guy that’s just too into you can be a complete turn off.
2) Your ‘it’ jeans can’t break the bank
Those guys that expect you to pay or split the bill on your first date are never going to be the one, cause chivalry has never gone out of style.
3) Your ‘it’ jeans certainly can’t be too soft
In the head, otherwise they can loose their shape (stop working out) yep, it’s game over and time to find yourself a new pair of jeans.
4) Your ‘it’ jeans can’t have too much going
In pattern, texture or diary 😉 Those guys that are busy all the time, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and can only catch up for a drink on Sunday have gotta go.
So this Sunday, here is an account of my shopping trail on my hunt to find my ‘it’ jeans in Nolita:
1) Civilanaire 53 – 55 Houston Streets (Houston and Mott Streets)
- Awesome large variety of jeans
- Attention to detail – the Civilianaire label on the inner seam is a nice touch
- Staff knowledge of denim
2) Court Shop – 168 Mott Street (Broome and Mott Streets)
- Affordable high quality denim
- Real NYC influenced street styled jeans
- Lisa Fuller designs for the feminine real life women with curves and more…. love her skinny high waisted jeans!!!
3) Creatures of Comfort – 205 Mulberry Street (Spring and Mulberry Streets)
- Acne jeans
- Japanese Visvim Social Sculptures Damage Jeans
- Maison Martin Margiela Slouchy Skinny Jeans
4) Rag and Bone – 73 East Houston Street, (Elizabeth and East Houston)
- Effortless sense of style and fabrics
- Great cut that gives you ultra long legs
- Ahead of style denim trends
Sooo it’s tough enough, here are two other quick tips on finding that perfect pair of ‘it’ jeans:
1) Shop alone
no friends please, this process can be a humiliating experience even for your own eyes.
2) Be in the mood to shop
to deal with the backlash of the ‘it’ jean rejection phenomenon, no, no, no, no noooooo, definitely not, hmmm maybe, yeah possibly, hmmmmm, no, no, YES!!!
A perfect pair of jeans can make you feel like Miranda Kerr or Giselle or that stunning super model Jourdan Dunn, have you seen that women in jeans??? It’s ridiculous – see the rag & bone pics above from back in 2012.
A good pair of ‘it’ jeans can completely transform your whole body, accentuate your legs to be long and lean. Transplant a Megan Fox super firm bum, bestow a dead flat stomach like Jennifer Lawrence, you get the idea.