With the holiday season soon approaching and work getting busier as the end of year approaches, yikes…..it’s the middle of October already, you can easily be in a rush to pack for the holidays. It can be so frustrating forgetting your favorite comfort things. So it’s time to think ahead, make a list about what to pack for your perfect holiday vacay.
But here’s some help, we did some research, asked around and here are the top 10 must pack items one of which you’ll probably forget if you’re headed to: Miami, St Maarten, Cancun, Cabo, Acapulco, St Johns, Tampa, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Jamaica or the Bahamas.
1) The ultimate beach bag
– your perfect vacay beach bag needs to be big enough to fit all of your beach stuff, towels, suncream, books, drinks, etc but also cool enough to double up as a regular handbag should you need it for shopping or checking out the local town scene.
2) Island scented body scrub
– you’re headed somewhere warm to escape our freezing cold NYC winter, so it’s super important to exfoliate your skin, get rid of all of your dead dry skin cells to maintain a smooth even tan.
3) Burts Bees face wipes
– ok so my dermatologist recommend this to me, its a good one…. Burts Bees Face wipes are the best, filled with white tea tree extracts! You’re going to be wearing tonnes of sunscreen during your days filled with sunshine, so you’re gonna need to cut through all of that suncream to clean your skin and let it breathe properly overnight!
4) Your favorite healthy snacks
– most of your vacay stores are probably stocked with unhealthy snacks, candy, chocolate, none of the stuff you want to eat when you’re rocking in a bikini and sometimes just too tempting to say no to, so plan ahead. You’ve got time so get together a healthy snack stash of all of your favorite treats, dried fruits, yoghurt covered saltanas, nuts and maybe even make your own super healthy snack mix.
5) Ladies products
– those sneaky monthly visitors can catch you off guard at the worst of times, so be prepared and stock up on tampons for that just in case situation.
6) ‘It jeans’
– you always need that go to pair of jeans you know you’re going to feel great in, just in case the weather turns. I’m totally still obsessed with Ksubi jeans, you can’t go wrong with these jeans.
7) Sexy heels
– vacays can be full of surprises, you never know what could happen or who you could meet, so definitely through in just 1 pair of sexy black strappy heels to dress up any island outfit. I love my black leather wrap gold tipped Givenchy heels below!
8) Statement sunglasses
– lets face it, the perfect pair of sunnies is crucial really to any warm island vacay, so you definitely do not want to forget your statement pair. I’d recommend the wildfox sunnies right now, their so on trend and fun. Sunnies need to be big enough to protect your face from the sun, and cool enough to rock by the pool.
9) A good selection of swimmers
– also a crucial must pack item, at least 3 pairs of swimmers, 2 bikinis and ideally one full piece just in case you want to do any water sport activities, you may just wanna rock a sexy one piece for such an occasion. My favorite swimmers right now come from We are handsome an Aussie swimwear brand that are the hottest label going annndddd as of posting their having a 50% off sale!
10) A designer scarf
– scarfs can dress up an casual island style outfit, are perfect to wear at the beach as a head scarf accessory look and also keep the sun away if you are trying to minimise your sun exposure. Their super light, easy to pack, perfect for the plane if you get cold too and also great to double up as a night accessory if it gets chilly out.