Opening Ceremony is a must if you are in Nolita for only 1 hour, jump in a cab and tell the taxi driver to take you pronto to ‘Howard and Lafayette Streets’.
10 reasons why I love Opening Ceremony HQ on Howard Street:
1) OC is the hippest store in Nolita – hands down!
2) If you want to be unique and find that one special statement garment, dress, necklace or pair of shoes, this is the store you’ll find it in
3) OC stock my favorite brand: maison martin margiela
4) OC have 3 entire floors of clothing heaven, so if you’re shopping for your bestie that literally has everything and you just have no idea what to get her for her birthday, I guarantee you’ll find it at OC in NYC
5) The sales staff and so nice and very friendly not too pushy at all
6) Opening Ceremony has been referred to as the New York Colette from Paris
7) Think of the OC as you ‘boho general store of fashion’s styles of the moment’
8) The curation effort that the design team from OC have work on is mesmerizing, there is a well represented list of up and coming international designers that have been meticulously selected in one store, one location which I think is simply unrivaled to date
9) The OC are amazing collaborators with designers such as Chlöe Sevigny and Jeremy Scott
10) They have fantastic ‘true’ sales, none of this fake pricing stuff down from an already inflated price (that can go on from time to time in NYC) usually you can save up to 70% off retail, in store and online!
address. 35 Howard Street, New York, NY 10013
phone. (212) 219-2688
hours. 11 – 8pm