Nolita is by far the best neighborhood to enjoy a true New York style hood breakfast, healthy, fast and fresh! Why not dine like how us locals like to eat: gourmet, hearty and relatively inexpensive breakfasts that are quick, cause we’re always in a hurry, places to go, things to do! Our hood is packed with a variety of boutique cafes that are Nolitan institutions, so here’s our top five picks on places to eat breakfast in Nolita on a dime.
1. Oro Bar and Bakery – Cnr of Mott and Broome Streets What to Eat? Definitely one of their super fresh traditional french croissants or the baked egg on a brioche bun and a delicious authentic latte to wash it all down 😉
2. Fiat Cafe – Cnr of Spring and Mott Streets What to Eat? I really love this place, Fiat has been in Nolita for ages, I think at least ten years, it’s well located on Mott and Spring, and their breakfast bagel with fresh smoked salmon, thinly sliced tomatoes, red onions, cream cheese and capers it’s just so delicious! Their coffee is also really good too!
3. McNally Jacksons – Cnr of Mulberry and Prince Streets What to Eat? You can’t go past their yoghurt and banana with Balthazar granola for $7, it’s the perfect way to start the day on the right foot!
4. Grey Dog – Cnr of Mulberry and Prince Streets What to Eat? Challah French Toast with fresh berries and bananas for $10. I like Grey Dog its just so comfy, casual, the staff are low key, it’s great if you’re nursing a hangover and just want to roll in somewhere ‘no fuss’, you can eat in a chilled out atmosphere, alone, or with friends, it’s just all too easy.
5. Ruby’s cafe – Cnr Mulberry and Spring Streets What to Eat? This classic Aussie outpost, laid back and mellow in atmosphere, dishes up Aussie breakie delicacies including my fav the egg PLT with prosciutto tomato, lettuce and avocado a steal at only $8.50. Again the coffee here at Ruby’s is legit, their lattes are really damn good.