Ok so it’s time to get all romantic, late summer is upon us winter will soon be here, so get out there, wine and dine that someone special, go out on a ‘she date’ with your bestie, or a complete stranger for that matter, why not, you only live once! Nolita is the best hood for date night in NYC. There are a plethora of restaurants to choose from, endless possibilities, so here are our top 3 hottest date spots this August in Nolita:
1) Maison O: 92 Kenmare Street, Nolita – top pick!
I love this place for date night for so many reasons:
1. The food rocks, it’s super traditional Japanese food at it’s best, but a little bit contemporary and Americanized just a tad. Definitely try their ‘Red Lobster Miso’ made with fresh Lobster of course, Scallion, Ginger, Chrysanthemum.
2. Their booth style laid back funky Tokyo inspired interiors make your feel very comfortable, especially if you’ve got a stranger date scenario going on, and you also tend to feel as though you’ve just been teleported to Tokyo for the night!
3. Karaoke, hello! Their Karaoke spot is called: ‘Stardust Lounge’, Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana would be perfect here in character from Guardians of the Galaxy. What date is not complete without some drunken stupidity and singing to your date a Celine Dion or Brittany Spears song to end the night with a bang.
2) Lovely Day: 20 Spring Street, Nolita
Yep it’s uber hip, be prepared to be dazzeled by the local hipster crowd, scenesters, but this is three reasons why we think Lovely Day is a great date spot:
1. They’re booth style seating is tres comfy, it’s like you’ve gone back in time to your grandmothers 70s kitchen.
2. The menu is really vast think contemporary Thai meets Japanese all in one spot – the food is served fresh, piping hot and it’s very reasonably priced for the budget conscious folks.
3. Their cocktails are super cheap!!!! and plentiful. Try the elderflower and vodka cocktail, it’s very refreshing.
3) Bread Nolita: 20 Spring Street, Nolita
Great value for money, if you’re a bit of a tight ass, or let’s face it on a budget and still recovering from the GFC Bread is a great candlelight romantic dinner spot.
1) Bread serves excellent cocktails to set the mood, def do not go pass the lychee martini!
2) Their food and service is brilliant – the ambiance is chilled, great 80s music (like lots of Eurythymics – sweet dreams are made of this and MJ thriller songs) to set the mood.
3) Good size portions and healthy options for fussy eaters, I’d recommend the Shrimp and Avocado salad, it’s delicious or the Tuscan kale salad.
I wanna hear from you… who has frequented one of the restaurants we think are pretty alright? Do you have any stupid crazy date stories you’d like to share with us? Come on …. don’t be shy… share ‘that’ date night story you’ve been dying to tell someone with us!